I’m always asked, “What’s your morning routine?”. I’ve learned that It’s so important to have a morning routine for various reasons. Of course, with time, your morning routine will change however, it’s nice to wake up everything having an idea of what needs to get done for your business. I love sitting down or talking via Skype (and/or Facetime) about developing morning routines with my clients. I have clients who are early risers like myself and I also have clients who are night owls. I suggest to my clients to do what works for them. However, you should have a foundation of things that get done every day. Below I’m going to share what currently works for me with my morning routine. (Typically on a work from home day/ morning)
- Wake up at by 6 am complete hygiene (also have a glass of lemon water or apple cider vinegar mixture)
- Walk the dog (while walking the dog: check emails, social media, and/or listen to podcast, ebooks, and/or motivational videos)
- Complete hygiene
- Eat Breakfast (take am supplements with breakfast)
- Cook dinner
- Work 9 am-12 pm (plus, review “Tomorrow’s List” from prior day)
- If I see that my productivity is not where it should be at. I will track my time for a week or up to a month to see where I’m spending my time.
- I am an early riser and can be up as early as 3:30 am which is my goal time to wake up each morning. (for 3:30 am, I still have to set my alarm clock)
- I’m typically in bed by 10 pm. (if time gets the best of you when it’s time to go to sleep. Set an alarm clock as a reminder that it is time to go to bed. First reminder: 1 hour, second reminder: 30 minutes)
- For the most part, all of my families meals are menu planned. If you’re single, you can still plan your meals. Trust me. You’ll save hours a week not having to figure out what’s for dinner.
- I will typically eat after my walk because, by that time, I have built up an appetite. Plus, I typically wait a half hour after having the lemon water or ACV drink.
- I only have notifications on my phone for text messages. Not for apps!
- Also, this routine works for me because I can implement it on the weekends as well. Create a routine, that allows you to implement it on the weekends as well.
**Please. Listen to your body clock. Don’t wake up early and end up not being productive. Do what works for you. **