I hope your week is going amazing so far. This week I wanted to share with you some social media + Branding tips.
Tip One: Are you using the right Hashtags?
- Instagram has there on Trending Hashtag page. Use It!
- For twitter? You can use this site to narrow down trending hashtags here
- You can also use hashtags on Facebook (search the hashtag prior to using it)
Tip Two: Finding Your Expertise
- What’s Your Expertise/Niche?
- What is the “one thing” that friends/family says you’re great at?
- Are you just riding the wave with your business? Where do you see yourself and business six months from now?
- Do you have passions and interest? What are they?
Tip Three: Social Media Posting
Knowing When & How often you should post on social media:
(Disclaimer: If you’re posting for your niche market. Post where they are. I.e. if your niche market is on Twitter. Don’t worry about posting on Instagram two times per day)
- Google+ – 2 times per day
- Pinterest – 5 times per day
- Instagram – 2 times per day
- Facebook – 2 times per day
- Twitter – 5 times per day
- LinkedIn – 1 time per day
Tip Four: What should you be doing on Social Media?
What each social media platform is used for:
- SnapChat: Snapchat should be used as a behind the scenes display of your business and or life.
- Twitter: New Product Alerts, updates about your business and blog post sharing.
- Instagram: Visual of your products and services (I.e. customer spotlights, client testimony)
- Pinterest: Showcase your products and blog post
- Facebook: All the above (plus engagement with your niche network)
(Don’t forget to engage with your social media followers/ community .)
- Use the same profile picture across all social media networks
- Use the same Name (if possible across all social media networks )
- Use a consistent design look across all social media accounts and branding material
- If you’re a business, your account should NOT be private (Business Account)
- Tweets with hashtags have 2x more engagement
- You can use up to thirty hashtags on Instagram